Wiki defines Chatamari, “Chataamari (Nepal Bhasa:चतांमरी) is a kind of rice crepe. It is a special dish of Newars. It is a special form of newari “roti” made by rice flour. It is used specially during ‘the guthis’ of newars. It has been very popular among the other cultures as well, and many restaurants of Kathmandu serves this food, and some restaurants even have the names like Chatamari Restaurant.”
For Rice Base:
- 2 cups rice flour
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup water (depends on consistency)
- 1 cup ghee or butter
- Pinch of salt Salt to taste
- ½ lb choped/minced chicken (any other meat can be used)
- ½ cup finaly chopped onions
- ½ cup diced Tamatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil/butter
Process:1. Heat oil. Fry onions, garlic and ginger until light brown. Put in minced meat, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes just before it’s done. Cook it until meat is nearly done.
2. Mix rice flour, eggs, water and a pinch of salt to make cake-like-batter. Heat butter over a pan. Pour in some batter and spread out into a thin crust. Cover the pan and cook just on one side for few minutes. Don’t turn onto the other side.
3. Put the topping over it and cook for few minutes again with lid.
4. Serve hot with spicy Achar or chutney.